Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Who is behind Magic Jack?

As part of our investigation into MagicJack, we wanted to know who is really behind it? Magic Jack isn't that unique - they have a number of competitors, and we've had reliable internet phone service from companies like Skype Vonage, and even the phone providers like Verizon for a couple of years.

When a company with a radical "idea", that's been around for a number of years, and has a number of affordable competitors, comes in and competes on price, you want to make sure that they actually provide what they promise to.

MagicJack is owned by a corporation called YMAX Communications Corporation. They own two companies - Magic Jack, and SJ Labs. SJ labs is the owner of the "softphone", or the computer software for making phone calls.

Voice communication uses alot of data, and typically requires a very powerful network, especially if millions of people are using it every day. The reason that skype is so successful is because they are running on a P2P network. That basically means that the millions of users running skype are also helping skype keep the network up.

However, it seems that MagicJack doesn't seem to have any issues with voice clarity.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy reading your post it is very informative. I appreciated the idea of Dan Borislow the inventor of the Magic Jack gadget. I think he found that idea to have a great income in business. The gadget is affordable and easy to be installed. Well so far the gadget is good but there are some not satisfied on it. I would like to share about Magic Jack just I found in a complaint social network site take a look.

JC said...

Hi,

My company has a website where I have written a review about the magicJack. Our website ranks very high for magicJack related keywords on Google and I were wondering if you might be interested in linking to our page and I could return the favor to you. We visited your website/post regarding the magicJack and would love to do to this since we have highly related content. If not I would consider advertising as another option.

Please get back to me and let me know if you are interested or not.

My site is a top 25,000 site on the Internet and was regard as one of the top sources for information regarding the digital transition. It has been endorsed my numerous organizations, news websites, and even a U.S. Senator.

Thanks!
Jesse
Internet Marketing Concepts, LLC
trackstar2683@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I returned Majic Jack.Why because it only allows numbers in Major cities. If local people call me they would have to call long distance which makes no sense.

Does anyone know why they do not tell us that on there commecails otHer then they hope to sell more. They not allow us to contact them on their web site to ask any questions either. Their q/a do not answer this either or allow us to look up numbers offered that are local before one orders.

Does anyone know why???
Does anyone know if they wil be offering local numbers or whrn.I live by Belleville, Ontario, Canada.

Unknown said...

MagicJack basically is worst you could use. Service is ok but the tech support and billing practices are shady. We bought 2 five year plans that we setup and activated for about a year now. Suddenly they stop working. Support said the five year wasnt activated yet. then said someone else activated my susbscription code. I have my original receipts with my original codes that the website says is not valid. I have to wait a few days myabe they figure it out or I sue them but they were not to fast to honor the email receipt they sent me. They also charged my credit card automatically at 12 months and I had to get them to refund it and the bank helped. Now they dont work. i got reciept for platinum order 5 years from 2010 and now 2011 they dont work and they say renew. I cant get them to honor the 5 years i bought last year because they said someone else used my subscription and they told me there number and I have never even heard of them. I might call them to tell them what happened and that they gave out another customers number to a total stranger. See you in court guys!

Sam Michael said...

I am still not able to find a reliable and cheap VOIP device, I read many magic jack plus reviews and many buyers complained of their bad customer support where people reported that they waited 2 hours for someone to get back to them and they disconnect if they are not able to answer your questions

Unknown said...

Magicjack Support - 1{800} {653} 4096
www.completepcsolution.net/magicjack-support.html
Support For Magicjack
Magicjack Customer Support
Magicjack Installation
Magicjack Contact Support
Magicjack Help Number

Jenny Iris said...

Magicjack is the best VOIP service in current time. Thanks for sharing.
Magicjack Services